Software Engineer / Big Data Engineering
About the Position
You will be joining the Data engineering team, in charge of Vast Platform for Large – Scale Data Processing, Analysis of vast amounts of user generated data (web logs) and Vertical Search. You will help with keeping Vast's big data advantages, such as our 6 million car listings with the best sorting, market and user traffic analytics data from running some of the biggest Automotive search sites in US for years.
- BSc / MS degree (ETF/MATF/Computer science) or relevant working experience
- Experience in developing large scale / high performance Java applications
- Strong Computer Science background (algorithms, data structures, software design)
- Experience in development on Unix / Linux platforms
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Scala / Ruby / Python)
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services architecture is a plus
Ideal candidate will also have
- Experience with open source projects (Apache stack) and Cloud Computing systems
- Experience with Pattern Matching and Pattern Recognition algorithms
How to Apply
Email your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are the candidate we should hire.