CAREERS AT VROOM / VAST
Senior Software Engineer – Front End
Belgrade, Serbia / Remote
Vroom acquired the AI and Big Data fueled analytics company Vast/CarStory in January 2021. Collecting and analyzing data since its founding in 2005, Vast has become the premier provider of data solutions for many of the largest Global 1000 businesses. As the pioneer of Inventory Intelligence, CarStory’s predictive AI sets a new standard for transforming analytics into answers.
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there’s no better time to join the team than right now.
We are developing cutting edge big data and AI products and we need a Front End Software Engineer to join our team. You will be working with experienced engineers in building large-scale cloud based web applications powered by our back end systems.
- Consistently delivering high quality code and leading by example
- Develop efficient and reusable UI components
- Able to collaborate with stakeholders across Vast
- Vocal in meetings and code reviews but also be respectful of people’s opinions
- You are self-aware, willing and open to learning from everyone
- Mentor and lead by example, you are able, willing, and happy to support your team
- You’re curious, keeping your skills sharp and pushing our tech stack forward using well tested and reliable technologies
- You push the needle forward for the team to increase code quality, code maintainability and team productivity.
- 3+ years of ЈavaScript development experience
- Experience with Node.js and client-side frameworks
- Passionate learner with genuine interest in algorithms and web development
- Experience with client side and server side development
- Experience with responsive HTML/CSS
- Insight in web protocols and browser API’s
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Node.js, React and Vue frameworks
- Familiarity with Scrum methodology or other agile development processes
- Understanding of UX and Accessibility
- Hands-on experience with ES6, Webpack, Babel, Eslint
- Capable of expressing yourself in a way your audience understands
- Taking responsibility for others, helping them and guiding them if necessary
We value your personal growth, and will gladly train you on any of our technologies that you don’t currently have. Ours is a culture where your voice will be heard, and you’ll be able to see the result of your work! We’re one of the few players in the ecommerce automotive space. As a member of our crew, you will become an industry expert.
- Full time employment
- Competitive compensation
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Paid home and mobile internet
- 100% paid sick leave for up to 30 days a year
- Equipment for the Home Office
- Budget for training, certificates and books
- English language classes
- Virtual and real team gatherings and activities
- Sports activities
If you’re a passionate learner and you are excited to work on our tech stack, feel free to send your resume to email@example.com, we’ll be glad to talk to you.