CAREERS AT VROOM / VAST
Belgrade, Serbia / Remote
Vroom acquired the AI and Big Data fueled analytics company Vast/CarStory in January 2021. Collecting and analyzing data since its founding in 2005, Vast has become the premier provider of data solutions for many of the largest Global 1000 businesses. As the pioneer of Inventory Intelligence, CarStory’s predictive AI sets a new standard for transforming analytics into answers.
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there’s no better time to join the team than right now.
We are seeking a full-time DevOps Engineer. Reporting into our Director of DevOps, you’ll be helping build and run the mission-critical systems that support Vroom’s fast-growing business. Our team is a fast-paced, and where we solve a wide variety of interesting infrastructure challenges using modern DevOps practices. If you’re excited about working with cutting-edge Ops technologies like containerization, microservices, and infrastructure automation, this is the position for you!
- Build, maintain, and support all cloud-based infrastructure that powers Vroom’s e-commerce site and back-end systems.
- Help foster a culture of security, and enforce comprehensive security best practices throughout Vroom’s infrastructure and code.
- Set up and maintain automated monitoring of all systems, to ensure maximum uptime and peak performance.
- Architect infrastructure solutions for maximum scalability, employing techniques and technologies such as “scale out”, redundancy, automated failover, and micro-services.
- Work closely with software development and data science teams to support their infrastructure needs, and provision and maintain all needed development, testing, and production environments.
- Employ DevOps automation, “infrastructure as code”, and continuous integration/deployment practices as much as possible.
- 3+ years of DevOps Engineering experience
- Strong background administering scalable infrastructure in a public cloud environment. (AWS preferred.)
- Proficiency in Unix system administration, network administration, and security, along with expert knowledge of associated tools and utilities.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Bash and Python, as well as SQL
- Proficiency in 1 or more object oriented languages, preferably Go or Java
- Experience with modern source control tools (e.g., git) and CI/CD build/deployment tools (e.g., Jenkins or Circle CI).
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with container technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools, such as Terraform.
We value your personal growth, and will gladly train you on any of our technologies that you don’t currently have. Ours is a culture where your voice will be heard, and you’ll be able to see the result of your work! We’re one of the few players in the ecommerce automotive space. As a member of our crew, you will become an industry expert.
- Full time employment
- Competitive compensation
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Paid home and mobile internet
- 100% paid sick leave for up to 30 days a year
- Equipment for the Home Office
- Budget for training, certificates and books
- English language classes
- Virtual and real team gatherings and activities
- Sports activities
If you’re a passionate learner and you are excited to work on our tech stack, feel free to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll be glad to talk to you.