CAREERS AT VROOM / VAST
Manager, Front End Software Engineering
Belgrade, Serbia / Remote
Vroom acquired the AI and Big Data fueled analytics company Vast/CarStory in January 2021. Collecting and analyzing data since its founding in 2005, Vast has become the premier provider of data solutions for many of the largest Global 1000 businesses. As the pioneer of Inventory Intelligence, CarStory’s predictive AI sets a new standard for transforming analytics into answers.
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there’s no better time to join the team than right now.
As an Engineering Manager, join us in transforming the auto sales industry by creating a state-of-the-art solution to the traditional car buying experience. You’ll be responsible for managing our front end engineering team, solving interesting challenges with the latest technologies. As a member of our growing engineering team, you’ll play a pivotal role in establishing our product offerings. You’ll have a real impact on the products and will see the result of your work!
- Recruit and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Manage timely delivery of software solutions to address business needs
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Develop healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- 7+ years of front end development experience
- Enjoy developing and growing talent
- People first, servant leadership
- Strong software architecture skills
- Experience with building high scaled systems
- Experience with GraphQL, Next JS, React
- Eagerness and openness to learning new technologies
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as CircleCI, Jenkins, and GitLab
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
We value your personal growth, and will gladly train you on any of our technologies that you don’t currently have. Ours is a culture where your voice will be heard, and you’ll be able to see the result of your work! We’re one of the few players in the ecommerce automotive space. As a member of our crew, you will become an industry expert.
- Full time employment
- Competitive compensation
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Paid home and mobile internet
- 100% paid sick leave for up to 30 days a year
- Equipment for the Home Office
- Budget for training, certificates and books
- English language classes
- Virtual and real team gatherings and activities
- Sports activities
If you’re a passionate learner and you are excited to work on our tech stack, feel free to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll be glad to talk to you.