CAREERS AT VROOM / VAST
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Belgrade, Serbia / Remote
Vroom acquired the AI and Big Data fueled analytics company Vast/CarStory in January 2021. Collecting and analyzing data since its founding in 2005, Vast has become the premier provider of data solutions for many of the largest Global 1000 businesses. As the pioneer of Inventory Intelligence, CarStory’s predictive AI sets a new standard for transforming analytics into answers.
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there’s no better time to join the team than right now.
As a member of our growing engineering team, you’ll play a pivotal role in establishing our product offerings and technical architecture. You’ll be responsible for building, owning, and shipping products. You’ll be focused on creating real impact! We’re looking for great engineers who think about intuitive user interfaces, scalable distributed systems, highly fault tolerant services, and Vroom’s data collection and storage needs.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and maintain scalable software and services
- Collaborate directly with Tech and Product Leads to develop and maintain cutting edge software
- Design and implement high availability services and microservices
- Develop core platform services (front-end, back-end)
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in a professional environment
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science (preferred)
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle
- Familiar with CSS preprocessors, webpack, JSX, and NextJS
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Gitlab
- Experience building scalable web architecture and distributed systems
- Strong software design skills; database modeling a plus
- Openness to learning new programming languages
Nice to have:
- Go (Golang), Java or C/C++
- Experience with adaptive design on multiple browsers
- Docker and/or Kubernetes
- AWS and/or GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
We value your personal growth, and will gladly train you on any of our technologies that you don’t currently have. Ours is a culture where your voice will be heard, and you’ll be able to see the result of your work! We’re one of the few players in the ecommerce automotive space. As a member of our crew, you will become an industry expert.
- Full time employment
- Competitive compensation
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Paid home and mobile internet
- 100% paid sick leave for up to 30 days a year
- Equipment for the Home Office
- Budget for training, certificates and books
- English language classes
- Virtual and real team gatherings and activities
- Sports activities
If you’re a passionate learner and you are excited to work on our tech stack, feel free to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll be glad to talk to you.