CAREERS AT VROOM / VAST
Senior Software Engineer – Front End
Belgrade, Serbia / Remote
Vroom acquired the AI and Big Data fueled analytics company Vast/CarStory in January 2021. Collecting and analyzing data since its founding in 2005, Vast has become the premier provider of data solutions for many of the largest Global 1000 businesses. As the pioneer of Inventory Intelligence, CarStory’s predictive AI sets a new standard for transforming analytics into answers.
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there’s no better time to join the team than right now.
Join our fleet of talented Software Engineers transforming the auto sales industry by creating state-of-the-art e-commerce solutions to reshape the traditional car buying and selling experience. You’ll be responsible for innovating and solving interesting e-commerce challenges using the latest technologies. As a member of our growing engineering team, you’ll play a pivotal role in establishing our product offerings and customer facing applications. You’ll have a real impact on the products and will see the result of your work changing the industry!
- Consistently delivering high quality code and leading by example
- Facilitate discussions that encourage healthy discussion about technology
- Develop efficient and reusable UI components within our Design System
- Able to collaborate with stakeholders across Vroom
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Vocal in meetings and code reviews but also be respectful of people’s opinions
- You are self-aware, willing and open to learning from everyone
- Mentor and lead by example, you are able, willing, and happy to support your team
- You’re curious, keeping your skills sharp and pushing our tech stack forward using well tested and reliable technologies
- You push the needle forward for the team to increase code quality, code maintainability, and team productivity.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in a professional environment
- Strong computer science fundamentals and good knowledge of various design patterns such as MVVM, MVP, etc.
- Familiar with CSS preprocessors, webpack, JSX, and NextJS
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Gitlab
- Experience working in an environment that values TDD and other quality best practices
- Experience working with AWS and/or GCP (Google Cloud Platform) infrastructure
- Experience developing applications using a micro frontend architecture leveraging micro services
Nice to Have:
- Experience with implementing secure web applications following industry standards
- Experience with measuring and benchmarking performance
- Experience with rendering techniques such as CSR, SSR and SSG
- Experience with authentication, like OAuth 2.0
- Experience with adaptive design on multiple browsers
- Experience with UI testing
- Actively involved in the open source community and contributes to any open source frameworks in the web development ecosystem
We value your personal growth, and will gladly train you on any of our technologies that you don’t currently have. Ours is a culture where your voice will be heard, and you’ll be able to see the result of your work! We’re one of the few players in the ecommerce automotive space. As a member of our crew, you will become an industry expert.
- Full time employment
- Competitive compensation
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Paid home and mobile internet
- 100% paid sick leave for up to 30 days a year
- Equipment for the Home Office
- Budget for training, certificates and books
- English language classes
- Virtual and real team gatherings and activities
- Sports activities
If you’re a passionate learner and you are excited to work on our tech stack, feel free to send your resume to email@example.com, we’ll be glad to talk to you.